Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cc123cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can not get 2nd external monitor working via USB type C adapter.

I am used to having two external monitors connected to my other(non HP brand) laptop via a docking station, so navigating the Windows 10 "Display Settings" for extending or miorring monitors is no problem.

For my HP laptop I do not have a docking station, instead I have one Dell P2719H monitors hooked directly to the laptop via HDMI cable, and I can either mirror or extend to this monitor just fine. 

The problem is I can not get my laptop to recognize the 2nd Dell P2719H monitor when connected through this USB type C dongle (in case the link does not work, it is a "totu 11-in-1 C type hub"):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8HLGBF/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07M8HLGBF&pd_rd_w=3R30q&pf_...

I have tried connecting the 2nd monitor to the HDMI and the VGA ports on the above adapter, but w/out success. I have ensured the monitor has the right connector selected and swapped montors & tried multiple cables of each type. I can never get the laptop to recognize the 2nd monitor.

I read in another post on this site something about perhaps needing a USB video driver, but after visiting the SWdrivers section of the HP support site for my laptop S/N, there are 6 video driver options and it is not obvious to me that there is one that will help. 

My laptop video driver seemes to be using Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

My driver was an older Interl driver, so I used the Windows 10 HW Driver to have it search for updates and it installed one.

The updated driver is running with Intel driver dated Jun 20, 2018 and is version 24.20.100.6194. This did not help my situation.

I appreciate the the USB type-c dongle I refernce above only mirrors the laptop screen. This would be fine if I could get he 2nd external monitor to mirror the laptop and "extend" to the external monitor conected to the laptop's HDMI external port.

Thanks in advance for any advice & help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.