Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 17-g099nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am attempting to fully enable "Core Isolation" under "Device security" on my Pavilion 17-g099nr laptop, but I cannot turn on "Memory integrity" due to "incompatible drivers." The report shows Intel igdkmd64.sys driver versions 20.19.15.4531 (driver date 9/28/2016) and 20.19.15.5058 (device "Intel HD Graphics 5500" driver date 8/15/2018) as being incompatible.

The HP video drivers offered by the support webite after identifying my laptop include one driver numerically greater than what is currently installed - 21.20.16.4821 - but attempting to install it fails with the message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". Reviewing the release notes indicates this driver only lists HD Graphics 520 and 530, which may explain why it will not install.

Going directly to the Intel website and attempting to install their driver produces a message that the installation procedure recognizes the OEM driver, causing it to refuse to install and redirecting me to the OEM (HP).

This appears to mean that I am unable to upgrade the laptop to take advantage of the current WIndows 10 security features. If anyone can suggest a workaround, please respond.

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.