butlerll Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trouble with Spectre x360 and Viewsonic Monitor, blurry text and black bars on top and sides?

Spectre x360 13-t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have it hooked up with HDMI (brand new gold plated cable). The text especially is blurry/fuzzy and the screen doesn't take up all the space it should - about 1/2" at the top and sides, bottom is ok. The guy at View Sonic support said it was a video card issue and I would have to figure it out with HP or Intel. Can anyone help me? I have Intel HD graphics. The monitor is Viewsonic VX2270-Smh-LED. It's 21.5" 1080p frameless IPS display.

8 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trouble with Spectre x360 and Viewsonic Monitor, blurry text and black bars on top and sides?

Hi @butlerll,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre Notebook and the HDMI port not working correctly. Try running the Windows updater Tool.

Here is a link to help troubleshoot the HDMI Display.

If the Notebook is not having an issue displaying anything on the Notebook screen, it is not a graphics card.

Please get back to me how this goes.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this help resolves the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
butlerll Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I traded this monitor for the HP 22cwa and still the same issue.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @butlerll,

Thanks for getting back to me High-definition multimedia interface supporting up to 1920×1200 ratio. Is that what you have the Monitor set to in the Display settings?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
butlerll Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not sure how to do that. It says 1920x1080 (recceomended)?

With the new HP monitor it seems to be only the text that's a problem. Video looks amazing at full screen. My boyfriend says this is just how 1080p looks at this size, but my old computer was an iMac from 2008 with an even lower res and text looked better than this. There must be some problem.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @butlerll,

Please call us. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
butlerll Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the number to call? I clicked on the link and it went through pages of things that had no phone number.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @butlerll,

You need to fill out the form for the Monitor.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
butlerll Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This process is impossible. I've gone thorugh all these forms and menus and no phone number. I called the number in the book that came with the monitor and they told me to go to the website. I give up. Worst customer support ever.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation