Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 15-dp0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there,

How to disable caps/num/scroll lock pop-up on my HP Pavilion Notebook 15-dp0xxx?

Screenshot_13.png

I have tried this solution but the reg key is not there so it didn't work:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Turn-Off-Caps-On-Lock-On-Screen-Notif...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@InS0mN1aC Here's a few other things you can do, to resolve the issue:

The Caps Lock notification might be handled by BlueTooth (BTTray.exe) process. You must edit the following registry entries to ged rid of this ugly alert:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R to bring up the Run box. Type regedit and hit Enter.
  2. When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BTConfig\General
  3. Change the value of KeyIndication from 1 to 0.
  4. Reboot your computer and the Caps Lock pop-up notification is gone!

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

1. Open Control Panel. Set the View by option to Large icons.
  2. Click Ease of Access Center.
  3. Select “Make it easier to focus on tasks“.
  4. Scroll down to the “Adjust time limits and flashing visuals” section, Check the checkbox to “Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible)“. Under the option “How long should Windows Notification dialogue boxes stay open“, select 5 seconds.

turn-off-notication

5. Click Apply/OK

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher,

That you for your response! Unfortunately none of the 2 suggestions worked 😞

The registry entry you are referring to does not exist (neither BTTray.exe is running on my system)

I have also tried to change the option in the Easy of Access section, but this did not work either.

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@InS0mN1aC Alright, let's try the below steps, 

Please ensure you backup the registry before making any changes on the PC:

Here’s how to turn off Caps Lock notification on HP computers:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R to bring up the Run box. Type regedit and hit Enter.
  2. After the Registry Editor opens, navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Hewlett-Packard\HP HotKey Support
  3. In right pane, double-click on the CapsLockOSD entry and set its value to 0.

If the issue persists, click here to download & install an older version of the HP Hotkey service and let me know if that works.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_decipher No luck unfortunately. The registry key does not exist, and I suppose HP HotKey Support is not installed in my system. Furthermore the older version you have linked is not supported in Windows 10 64bit...

I am think of starting the system with all services disabled and enabling them one by one...

From your experience, what else could it be? I don't think it is windows native popup and i have not seen the same popup style in any other laptop.

HP Recommended

@InS0mN1aC You may want to create a new user account and check if that makes a difference, as this could be a software glitch, 

And keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.