Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have docking station with my brand new 840 G4 notebook connected to two Display monitors.

Monitors are working OK, until power management turns them off until X minutes of idle time.

After they are turned on, only 1 monitor is turned on and only mouser cursor is seend and some strange black flickering.

Second monitor is still turned off.

No luck bringing back picture until lid is open on notebook and closed.

Latest drivers, latest update of docking FW.

Tried to connect second monitor over VGA same effect.

If I have only one monitor connected, then resume from idle is OK.

Any hints? I spent quite a lot money on this device and not its not working as it should.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.