Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (69 Views)

U4k Display - How to see older software

Product Name: OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 15t-ax000 CTO
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have this nice over a year old laptop with an Ultra 4k display.  Unfortuantely it doesn't display anything with older software.  Text displays so small you can't read it.  Any way of changing the display settings to be compatible with older (most all software).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (40 Views)

Re: U4k Display - How to see older software

Hi @MDanay,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you seem to have an issue with the display. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried to check the settings on the computer?

Have you tried to update the drivers?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to check the settings, Click on Start - Settings - System - Change the size of text, apps, and other items:

Note: Please select the Display and then change the size and click on Apply.

Now check if the size increases.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to Uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Check the box that states delete the software for this device.

Now restart the PC and then update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation