Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15-ed, HP Dockingstation USB-C G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

i bought a new HP Envy x360 15-ed Notebook before Christmas and as Dockingstation the G5 USB-C Dock.

After the first setup of my Workplace i pluged-in my Laptop and everything worked fine. Both Display worked and my Keyboard and Mouse worked to until i repluged my Laptop to he Dockingstation. 

The Laptop shows both displays and is extending the Display to the second Display (shown in Win 10 Displaysettings) but the second Monitor shows no Input. (Problem is with HDMI and DisplayPort) 

I can make it work if i keep repluging the display cable into the Dock but only until i replug my Laptop.

With my SurfaceBook the Dock and The Monitor works fine.

But for my Envy i am at my wits end. I hope someone can help me or at least tell me why my HP ENVY x350 15-ed does not work with my HP Dock. As far as the Specs my Envy shoild have true USB-C or am i mistaken?

Best Regards!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MrScarped 

What is your HP ENVY x350 15-ed ? I'm thinking about your machine is the dock are not fully compatible. HP does not make very clear on the products with USB-C port: what it can and can't do.

For the G5 dock, it requires "For USB-C™ functionality, host PC must support the DisplayPort™ Alt mode protocol through its USB-C™ port. Thunderbolt™-enabled notebooks will function at USB-C™ speeds".

Now you need to check full specs of USB-C port on your machine, again what i it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick reply. I have the HP ENVY x360 15-ed0768ng

https://store.hp.com/GermanyStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2R325EA&opt=ABD&sel=NTB

In the specs it says:

1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10 Gbit/s Signalrate (USB-Stromversorgung, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)

as far as i know that should support the G5 Dock, or do i mix something up ?

Best Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.