Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
john_williams Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB and Touch screen not working

hp 15 ts notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

the USB ports and touchscreen have stopped working on my laptop. I have run diagnostics which have come back will the following code on the USB test:

USB port  -  Failed  -  67PX7S-7RL86X-XD7WL1-8D3003  -  8/10/2016

Could someone please advise me what has failed here?

THanks

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @john_williams

Thank you for joining the HP Support Forums. Here at the forums, help is just a click away. You will find many solutions, suggestions and members of the community here that can help. 

I read your post and understand that you are having an issue with the USB ports and Touchscreen on your HP 15 Notebook PC. 

I took a deeper look into the failure code that you had provided and it says "USB Failure (unspecified)". Did you try running the test with a different USB device connected to see if it failed also?

Here is a document for you to use for steps just to see if the USB port has actually failed or if it just failed to read that device. 

Did this happen after you had done a Windows Update?

Have you checked to see if the driver has been disabled?

Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?

Have you tried to Perform a hard reset?

Have you tried to Update the BIOS?

Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?

Have you tried to Configure the touch display?

Have you tried to Enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager?

Please follow these steps to see if you can enable the Touchscreen: 

• Open up the Device Manager
  • Find “Human Interface Devices”
  • Expand “Human Interface Devices”
  • Right-click on “HD-compliant touch screen.”
  • Click “Enable" (if available)
  • Restart your Notebook PC. 

Please let me know how the steps work out for you and your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

If you managed to resolve the Touchscreen or the USB port using the steps provided, or want to share a virtual high five, please make sure you click the Accept as Solution and the Thumbs Up buttons!

Thanks! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
john_williams Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

HID touch device is not showiong in device manager.

This issue did not happen after an OS or windows update, it just seemed to happen. I have tried windows updates and BIOS update but the issue remains.

Could you tell me who I contact for out of warrenty support?

Product numnber is L0E66EA#ABU

Serial CND507BD6R

THanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey! Thank you for getting back to me. 

You can take it to a local repair center with an HP certified technician (usually a Best Buy type store), or you can use the following link to create yourself a case number and contact us:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

Have a fantastic day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation