JCEdge
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

USBC tp Display Port issue- cant connect monitor

HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect a second monitor via display port to USB C and can't detect the monitor.  I have swapped out the cables, the adapter and tested with another monitor.  The USB C port just isnt picking anything up.  I have updated Windows 10- and the laptop is brand new.   I have been able to connect the first monitor via the HDMI port.

Any suggestions?  I am using a HP 15s-fq2041TU.

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,323 90,200 11,594 24,865
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JCEdge 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06986119

It ONLY has 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate port which does NOT support Alt mode. You can't connect to a monitor with nor without a hub/dock/adapter.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
JCEdge
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply - so does this mean with the laptop I have there is no way to connect a second monitor?

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,323 90,200 11,594 24,865
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JCEdge 

If you wish to have 2 or more external monitors (and notebook monitor - total 3), please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few USB-A DisplayLink Certified options on market today including some HP products (you can select HP before Search)

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

I'm using the following dock

dock thinkpad.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation