Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay101tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a HP Notebook - 15-ay101tu  Intel® Core™ i3-7100U (2.4 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores) laptop with WIN 10 pro Untitled.pngUntitled.png32bit operating system. The problem is that I cant control the brightness of the screen .Its always in 0 level. To fix this issuie following steps were taken.

1.Updated the OS.

2.Display adapter drivers were uninstalled and scanned for affected drivers.

3.Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.8 installed and scanned.But the drivers are upto date.

But still Iam facing to same issuie. Please see the below images.

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook is only supported by HP for 64 bit operating systems.

I can see from your screen shot, that the Intel graphics driver did not install because the display adapter is showing up as a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Anytime you see that description, that means the graphics driver is not installed.

Intel did not develop a 32 bit graphics driver for the Intel 620 GPU your notebook has.

So...your only option if you want the notebook to work right, would be to install W10 64 bit.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook is only supported by HP for 64 bit operating systems.

I can see from your screen shot, that the Intel graphics driver did not install because the display adapter is showing up as a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Anytime you see that description, that means the graphics driver is not installed.

Intel did not develop a 32 bit graphics driver for the Intel 620 GPU your notebook has.

So...your only option if you want the notebook to work right, would be to install W10 64 bit.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply.Installed WIN 10 64 bit and now the situation is ok.Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.