Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 13- x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Hoping someone could help me with a quick question. I recently got 2 LG HD Monitors. Both of these monitors utilize HDMI connection only. 

As my HP Envy 13 only has 1 HDMI port, I bought a USB 3.0 to HDMI converter in order to use both monitors. However, I keep getting error message whenever I plug in the USB 3.0 into my computer. When i look into the Device manager, the error code states "Port Reset Failed" 

I tried doing this with my wife's Dell laptop and it works fine. Not sure if the HP Envy doesn't support USB 3.0 as a display port.

Thanks for any input.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
PING
HP Recommended

@ttt279

Welcome to HP Support Community

To assist you better I will need the complete Notebook Model or the Product Number

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Keep me posted

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Krazy Toad,

My Notebook model is HP Envy X360 Convertible. The serial # is 5CD63879GQ.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@ttt279

I have checked the printer specifications. The HP ENVY x360 - 13-y013cl only have a regular USB Type C and does not have the USB Type- C Thunderbolt.

You can refer to page 5 in this User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05305196

You will be able to connect an external display to the USB Type C only if it is a Thunderbolt ( It should have a Thunderbolt symbol on the port )

Hope this helps

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.