Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion

Earlier this year the touch screen on my HP Pavilion was damaged and I had an issue with bubbles popping up all over the screen and was not able to use the mousepad because of these "touches" on the screen.  Someone was able to reset the computer and get inside to disable the touchscreen option.  Since then I have had no trouble (touch screen completely disabled).

I did a Windows update and now the bubbles are back....I don't know if the update reset the computer back to default settings but now again, I am unable to get past the login screen due to these bubble "touches" on the screen.  I can't put my pin in, I have tried multiple suggestions using the f keys, etc. but it seems as if nothing is working. (i am not in contact with the person who previously helped).

Does anybody know of a way to override this so I can disable the touchscreen again?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MissyPrimzz
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Follow the below steps to disable the touchscreen,

• Go to the device manager.
  • Click the little arrow next to “Human Interface Devices” to expand the list.
  • Click the touch screen driver (in my case, NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen).
  • Right-click, and select “Disable” from the list.

Note: if its a hardware related issue with display then the computer needs to be serviced.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't think I can get to the Device Manager....I can't even use the mouse at all.  When I try to move it to click on the login area or even the symbols at the bottom right (such as the computer shut down, etc)....the issue with the touch screen just moves the mouse all over the place.

I was hoping there was some kind of solution that could override the login screen.  Or even override the touch screen from the very start so that I can use the mouse to navigate

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.