Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13t-ae000 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm unable to project HP Spectre x360 13t-ae000 to Samsung SUHD Smart TV KS8 Series.

Both devices are connected via WIFI, both devices can see each other, but the HP spectre displays a connection error and doesn't show the image on the TV.  I have spent countless hours trying to project my laptop to my TV in vain.  I have as well tried many suggestions, but I could never see what my HP spectre displays on my Samsung TV.  I'm able to project other laptops displays to my Samsung TV, so I know the TV isn't the issue.  Why wouldn't the HP Spectre x360 not project to this TV?

How can I get this working?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PJG972

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that you're unable to project HP spectre display, It seems that the ScreenBeam product can stream content from most Intel WiDi, and WiFi Miracast enabled devices. It does not seem that it guarantees every device.  Based on your model, HP Spectre x360 notebooks are Miracast compatible.  Try checking the WiFi, to verify that it is working properly. 

• Is this first-time setup?
  • Are you trying to project display wirelessly?
  • Have you tried with the HDMI cable?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1-Not my first time setup. As mentioned it works on this TV with computers.  But with the HP it gives the following error: “couldn’t connect”

2. Trying to project display wirelessly to my Samsung TV

3. Not interested in using cables. What’s the point?

HP Recommended

@PJG972
Thank you for posting back.

I understand you are in need of support, this sounds like software settings related. And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.