Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to set up a second monitor on HP Stream 11

Stream 11
Linux

A vividly coloured HP Stream 11 laptop has been in my possession since yesterday. The idea is to connect it to a computer monitor at my university with an HDMI cable in order to be able to use Ubuntu there.

Now, for some reason, "Displays" in Ubuntu 16.04 does recognize a second display as 'Dell Inc 23"', but it does NOT project my Ubuntu laptop image onto the external monitor.

Nor is the image projected onto the external monitor in Windows.

How can I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @ThomasOhm,

Thanks for the post and I see you have installed a different OS on the computer and you are requesting assistance in connecting a secondary display. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

I would like to inform you that HP does not recommend you to change the configuration of the computer, you can do so at your own risk.

If you need assistance in using a secondary display or proving the hardware functionality of the computer, request you to revert the PC back to its original configuration/operating system. 

Let me know if this answered your concern. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ThomasOhm Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, Chimney!

The issue has since been solved. Can it be deleted?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation