Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
9TB73UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently got a new laptop for my daughter from Sam's Club for school. I went to go try the webcam and it is acting like no camera is installed. I checked the device manager for cameras and nothing is listed, also checked for imaging devices and there's no header for that either. I verified the camera isn't blocked under privacy restrictions, ran all of the HP update updates available along with all of the windows updates and it's still acting like there is no webcam on this laptop. There is mention of a button to turn off the camera but I'm not seeing one anywhere. Tried looking around the sides for a switch I can rotate and also tried looking for a key on the keyboard with no luck. I'm usually pretty good wit computers but this has me completely stumped. We've only had the laptop for less than a month and she's just now getting ready to use it for school so I'm thinking reverting to a previous save state will not have much of an affect.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/hp-17-3-hd-laptop/prod24541665?xid=plp_product_1_7

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CornNut

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-17-by3000-laptop-pc-series/32796716/model/34370402/document/...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried all of those, nothing worked. It doesn't show the camera as even installed. There was no shutter switch or button for my camera on the laptop I have, I ended up trying to do a system recovery per HP suggestion and the laptop keeps crashing partway through that so I sent it in for repair.

HP Recommended

I understand. 

Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.