06-08-2011 04:17 AM - edited 06-08-2011 04:17 AM
I recently bought a HP ProBook 6560b, and I would now like to know how to update the graphics drivers on this computer. I have the ATI Radeon HD 6470M graphics card, and I got the latest drivers from HP support site. However, when playing Portal 2 I get some strange graphic artificats, so I figured the first step would be to ensure I had up to date graphics drivers.
So I went to ati.com to download the most recent driver. Under "Download drivers" I picked Radeon HD 6xxxM series, which would fit my Radeon HD 6470M card. However, when I run the installer for ATI Catalyst Software Suite it tells me I don't have any supported hardware, and the installation fails.
Why is this? I read somewhere that the graphics card in my ProBook is a HP version of the same graphics card, and HP should supply the updates. But they are (naturally) not as quick as ATI, and I really hope there is a way to bypass this and install the drivers from ATI directly.
Anyone know anything about this?
Thanks in advance!
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)