Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I’m thinking of upgrading the 1366x768 screen on my HP Pavilion dv6z-7000 CTO Entertainment Notebook to a full HD (1920x1080) one, instead. However, I’m not sure if my laptop’s hardware would be able to handle it, considering it’s age?

Here are my PC’s current specs:

• Windows 8 Pro (64-bit).
  • AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) @ 2.70 GHz
  • AMD Radeon HD 7520G - Adatper Ram (VRAM): 512MB
  • 6.00 GB of RAM

If it can, what other parts would I need to purchase, besides the FHD screen & cable? 

Many thanks, in advance, for answering!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SaraBrown93

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Request you to share the serial and the product number of the product via a private message to help you further with this.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you so much for answering. I have sent my product information in a private message, just as requested.

HP Recommended

@SaraBrown93

As per the Service Manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03582006 you can upgrade the Ram to 8 GB and hard drive to 1 TB

But to be honest upgrading all those parts on an older model will cost you much more than actually purchasing a newer generation notebook which will have all those components or even better

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.