Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15t-df000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm using a Thunderbolt dock to view two external 4k monitors but only 1 will work at a time.  Is my laptop capable of running both monitors at the same time?  What settings should I be looking at to enable both monitors.

It will drive the laptop monitor, 1 external through hdmi, and 1 through thunderbolt dock all in 4k at the same time.  It just won't send 2 through the thunderbolt port.

My dock is a Plugable TBT3-UBZ

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Boshay@ Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We understand you have an issue connecting 4k monitors connection by the Docking station.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue.

1. Update the HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
  2. Update the  HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 Firmware Installer
  3. update   the GEFORCE EXPERIENCE
  4. Windows Update.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

It will still only drive one 4k monitor through the thunderbolt usb slot and dock.  I am getting a second monitor by using the onboard hdmi slot, and even three with the laptop open.

HP Recommended

@Boshay

As product description, the dock is a Plugable TBT3-UBZ it supports 4k the process support 3  including laptop display as well

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.