Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 17-bs100 Laptop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi helpful people,

I have not yet purchased a new laptop because I need to know which one is best to work on in bright sunlight. One of my boys used to have a HP Pavillion model no dv6-6156ea and that was absolutely brilliant in even the brightest of sunlight. That model is no longer available but I am hoping there is an equivalent???

I spent about 30 min on the phone to HP customer service this afternoon trying to find out what the Candela rating (also know as nit rating) was for some of their screens but apparently they don't have that information listed anywhere amongst their technical info, so it is a case of finding out from people who have tried them in sunlight. Can anyone recommed any particular models???

I know I definitely want a:

size 17.3"  

8GB RAM  

1TB HDD

i5 processor or equivalent.

I don't use my laptop for gaming, music or TV merely for work (mainly in Word), emails, Internet and instructional videos on YouTube but I would love to be able to work in my garden when the weather is more clement.

The guy I spoke to at HP said to definitely stay away from Edge models because he has one of those and apprently they are terrible in sunlight. 

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

T Sal

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.