2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

VGA output does not work with linux/ubuntu 16.04

HP elite book 840 G3
Linux

Hi all,

I have recently bought a HP Elite book 840 G3 and installed Linux/ubuntu 16.04. Everything works properly

except one thing which is really problematic for me : the VGA output does not work and I am not able to get

any image of the computer. I have tested it on more tan 20 videoprojectors and I get only one case

where I can send the image to videoprojector, all other cases nothing was possible. On the other hand,

as I also have Windows 7 installed on a double boot, everything worked out properly with windows.

Is there a known incompatibility in the graphic card or whatever works for the VGA output

with Linux/Ubuntu 16.04 ? Is there a way to solve this issue ?

Thanks

Cyril

Cyril
1 REPLY 1
cyril_touze Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

VGA output does not work with linux/ubuntu 16.04

0 down vote accept

I have upgraded the kernel as recommended in the following post: HP Elitebook 840 G3 Monitor Issue

I have tried on a videoprojector where I had no signal before and it works ! I think this give the solution (I will try on several other videoprojector to be 100% sure...)

best

Cyril

Cyril
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation