Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Mahmoud_Hamed

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand hat you are getting a blue screen error on the PC, need not worry I'll be glad to help you.

When was the computer working for the last time?

Before we troubleshoot, here's some information to help you understand the blue screen error message that begins with STOP: 0x000000116 is due to video card or video driver related issues. 

  

Since you've already attempted to reinstall drivers and download the catalyst center multiple times, 

I'll get straight to the point: 

  

Go to C:windows/drivers/atikmpag.sys and just deleted the (.sys) file. 

Once done, restart the computer and download the latest drivers for your computer: Click here

You may also try this if you aren't satisfied with the results: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool 

  

Run a hardware test on the graphics card using the diagnostics tool to ensure this isn't a hardware issue: Click here 

Keep me posted,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Take care:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Thank you,  
The Problem is solved.

HP Recommended

@Mahmoud_Hamed

Thanks for the reply,

I am so glad that the problem is solved and everything id in place.

Please feel free to get back to us with any technical queries.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Anpther problem appeared after installing adobe photoshop cc and  adobe premiere pro cc .
each time i switch the laptop on a black screen appears for second, also when i starts to use these programs the black screen appears.

HP Recommended

@Mahmoud_Hamed

Thanks for the reply

I see that you are in need of support after installing photoshop.

Let's try the below steps that could resolve the issue.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
Then restart the computer and click on this link: https://hp.care/2Je6R3Z update the bios, video drivers, and the chipset

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@Mahmoud_Hamed

Thanks for the reply

Appreciate your time, efforts and co-operation!

I suggest you update the Adobe Photoshop cc and Adobe Premiere Pro cc.

And let me know how it goes!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@Mahmoud_Hamed,

It is great to have you back. Thanks for the update. Please try the steps that you have suggested and get back with the results. As @Raj1788 is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

If the issue persists you could also contact HP phone support for assistance in real time.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your earlier suggestion in this forum in 2018 is applicable only when windows booted so that we can use internet to download. With the existing 6 DVD backups, attempted thrice but windows not coming up. This problem is just after installation of windows10 from the previous windows8.

WithF8 options, safe mode, don't enforce drive etc were attempted in vain.

Help to me boot first in safe mode.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.