Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Don't know if this is a hardware or software issue.  Vertical lines started after a windows 10 update.  Started with a few vertical lines and now there are more.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Chuck4019

Yes, it looks like a hardware issue as you are facing the same issue on the BIOS screen as well.

I recommend you contact support and check for the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Chuck4019

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting vertical lines on the display.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then boot to BIOS (Restart the computer and start tapping the F10 key to boot to BIOS) and check whether you can duplicate the issue in the BIOS screen.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not fixed yet.  Have the vertical lines on the BIOS screen.   I can't try an external monitor.  I also tried to reload windows 10.   Ran display Diag.  No errors.  BIOS is F.25  Intel Graphics 8/16/2018 Version 20.19.15  Any Ideas?

HP Recommended

Could this be a hardware problem?

HP Recommended

@Chuck4019

Yes, it looks like a hardware issue as you are facing the same issue on the BIOS screen as well.

I recommend you contact support and check for the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I kind of figured  it was a hardware problem..  The vatical lines started with a few i

but as the weeks passed there are more and more lines .   Stay Safe 

HP Recommended

@Chuck4019

Yes, it looks like a hardware issue. Please contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.