Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-CE0001NG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear community,

I try to adapt a screen (a Lenovo M14t) via USB-C to my Pavilion. As you might know, this version of the pavilion has a dedicated Nvidia Gforce-Graphics adapter additionally to the onboard-graphics. In the specs a video signal output via USB-C is described

1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Datenübertragung bis zu 5 Gbit/s, Stromversorgung, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge)

but

- the screen doesn't get a signal

- when I use the diagnostics in the UEFI-BIOS, it is written in red that USB-C isn't usable for graphic output yet

I have updated all the W10goodies, the graphic card drivers, HP diagnostics and the UEFI BIOS, but don't have any success. Could you please help me?

Best regards

Tim Jochen

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Tim_Jochen, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Try updating the BIOS and chipset driver on your PC and check if it helps.

1.Updating the BIOS  & Windows updated

2.  Intel® Driver & Support Assistant the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics, drivers.  

3. Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE

You can try updating the drivers using the HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try the steps recommended below

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue.

To recover from this issue, perform the following steps:

1. Power off the computer completely.

2. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds (or more) to reset the Embedded Controller (EC).

3. The computer will power on automatically.

To resolve this issue, download and install the following SoftPaq to update the Chipset Utility driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.