1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video drivers stopped working after the latest Windows 10 patch

Pavilion TouchSmart 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I see there are a lot of questions regarding the Radeon Video Display drivers.

Anyone else experience this:

After the latest patching of the Radeon video drivers last week (12th. of August) my screen turned black.

If I try to reboot the display freeze after about 15 seconds - during the boot process (with the dots going around under the HP logo!)

It took some time before I realized what was wrong, so I completely reinstalled the Windows 10 OS twice.

So this is what happens:

- I completely wipe the HD with a new Windows 10 installation.

- I get a notification that the Radeon video driveres is not optimal.

- And after about 20-30 minutes the screen goes black.

- If I try to reboot, the machine is stuck on the HP logo with the dots going around!

I did this procedure twice before I understood that nothing is actually wrong with the computer.

The second time I managed to change the boot procedure so I could press F8 and push the machine into Safe boot.

So now the goal is to find correct drivers, and downgrade in Safe mode. Anyone tried that? Is there a trick, maby download the drivers on another machine and bring them over using a USB stick?

Kind regards,

Jarle

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video drivers stopped working after the latest Windows 10 patch

Hey @theIgel

You have come to the right place to find suggestions, solutions and a helping hand! You had mentioned that after you had reinstalled Windows 10, you were receiving the HP Logo but it was not booting any further. I understand that you have now been able to boot into Safe Mode and would like drivers for your Notebook. 

If any of the solution's provided below resolve the issue, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution" so that others who have the same issue can find the step's easily. 

Did you happen to try cleaning the computer vents with compressed air and then restarting the Notebook? 

Please remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues and then try to restart the Notebook again. 

One of things you can try to be able to start normally is a BIOS reset

Yes, you can download drivers onto a USB stick and attempt to port them to this Notebook to update the drivers. You can also use the HP Support Assistant to get drivers.

Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) so that I can look up your specific drivers page?

Please re-post with the results and the answer's to the questions above. If you require further assistance. I would be happy to continue to help! 

Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Thank you for joining in Smiley Happy!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation