Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Product Name: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC 

Product Number: QG827EA#ABV

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit 

Hi,

I bought my laptop on mid of last month and whenever i tried to open the webcam it displays the video in Black and White, while the video comes up, initially for a second it displays in color and immediately within fraction of seconds it goes fully white and starts displaying in B&W. 

Kindly let me know if its a hardware fault as i have an international waranty which will take care of it.

Regards,

Sawood Alam

Regards,
Sawood Alam
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried this (under webcam application):

• Webcam > option > video 
  • Capture 
  • Filter, click color

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

there is no such option like that in my cyberlink webcam application

Regards,
Sawood Alam
HP Recommended

Try following steps:

1. Open CyberLink YouCam Application
  2. Click on 'Enhance The current video and image' (with reel and bulb icon on it)
  3. Click Advanced
  4. Click on Default button in the window pop up
  5. And finally click OK

It would probably fix the problem . It did for my Truevision Webcam 🙂

HP Recommended

Great advice, Chinmay.

Same issue, perfectly solved !

HP Recommended

Helllo, 

I was having problem with my web cam and then i came across your solution and it worked for me . I am really thankfull for your help and i hope you continue to do so. 

regards from India.

junaid khan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.