Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
14-bp023na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I have a 14-bp023na laptop.

Is video supported over the USB-C port? If so, up to what resolution and what frequency?

The product manual is a bit cryptic in regards to that. It reads:

USB Type-C 3.x charging port (select products only)

When the computer is on, connects and charges a USB device that has a Type-C connector, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides high-speed data transfer.

– or –

Connects to various USB, video, HDMI, and LAN devices.

The mention of "HDMI" in the paragraph above makes me think it does support video. Does anyone have any direct experience?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ccristal 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05748940

It has following ports

• 1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s);
  • 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only);
  • 1 HDMI; 1 RJ-45;
  • 1 headphone/microphone combo

As you can see, its USB-C port is similar to other USB-A ports, except its shape.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Sorry, but yourr reply doesn't answer my question. "Data transfer"could also mean video data. So, does it support video or not? And if it doesn't, what does the HDMI reference I quoted from the manual mean?

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.