Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
AravindVindula Top Student
Top Student
4 0 2
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video playback problem

Pevillion G6
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hai, I use a Pevillion G6 laptop. Today in the morning when i opened my laptop and played some videos, non of the videos got playded. i was able to hear the audio but not the video. I tried playing the videos in different players but it failed to display the video. Waiting for a help to resolve it.

7 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2314
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video playback problem

Hi @AravindVindula,

Welcome to HP Forums a great way to get support. Thank you for your post.

I understand that the computer does not play back videos despite trying different video players. I would require more information to assist you better. 

Please let me know the product  # of the unit. Please let me know if you are playing videos from an optical drive or  if they are online videos.

If the situation has occurred in the recent past then, you can try a "system restore", to restore the unit to a good known working date when the videos played correctly.

Please perform this step (Restore your computer when Windows  starts normally) from the link provided. Don't create new restore points. There is a video tutorial to perform a system restore in the link.

Link to perform system restore:

http://hp.care/2c1kggM

Hope this works! Let me know how this goes.

Thanks and have a great day.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Top Student
4 0 2
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video playback problem

Hi.

I have tried the steps you specified, but i din't find any changes. 

I'am not able to play the videos online and as well as the videos on the system storage. 

Where do i find the product code.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2314
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video playback problem

Hi @AravindVindula,

I thank you for your response a great deal. Also thanks for trying out all these steps including the system restore. As I was away on a long weekend I couldn't respond to you immediately. Since you have tried multiple video players and the issue continues, I request you to perform a system recovery (complete reinstall of the OS) to original factory settings and then update the video drivers. If it still does not work then it is a hardware issue with the computer and needs to be corrected at the repair center. Please visit this link to contact phone support: http://hp.com/contacthp

Excellent job trying all the steps the last time. You are a very tech-savvy and technically competent customer and kudos to you for trying these steps. It is always a great pleasure to work with  customers like you.

Please make sure to backup all your important information as a recovery to factory settings will wipe everything on your computer.

Link to perform recovery: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643 There is an associated video for performing a system recovery.Please check that out.

Please visit this link to update the graphic drivers: http://hp.com/drivers

You need to select the country and language. Then please enter the product# of the unit and follow the instructions on the screen to update the video drivers.

Thanks for reaching out. Please let me know if this helps. If it does, please mark this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts to help, click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care and have a terrific week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Top Student
4 0 2
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video playback problem

Thank you so much for your reply. I 'm using windows 8 genuine, will it be able for me to formate only the 'c'drive (the os installed drive) rather than formating the other drives.

Really very happy for your interest in solving my problem. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2314
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video playback problem

Hi @AravindVindula,

I thank you very much for your reply. If you are using a genuine version of windows 8 purchased from Microsoft,and if it is a retail disc, yes it is possible only to format the "C" drive and reinstall windows. The recovery DVDs from HP will wipe everything on your computer.You will not be able to format only the "C:" drive from HP recovery media. I genuinely hope your computer works great without hassles and the issue gets resolved.I request you to first backup all your files before you try formatting the "C:" drive.

Thanks for reaching out. Please let me know if this helps. If it does, please mark this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts to help, click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Top Student
4 0 2
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video playback problem

I wil surely do that.. 

Thank you so much for your reply. i will msg u back informe you about the status of my problem.

thankyou

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2314
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Video playback problem

Hi @AravindVindula,

I thank you, a great deal for your quick reply. As I was away on my weekend I could not reply to your post immediately. We definitely value your relationship with HP and you are a very important customer. We thank you greatly for doing business with HP. Please let me know how things work and I will be more than happy to assist you always.  I hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time.

Thanks for reaching out. Please let me know if this helps. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts to help, click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation