Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
NickDuk Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warranty expired after 4 months / Screen flickering then going into sleep mode continuously

HP Probook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two issues here:

1. purchased the laptop 12/04/2016 - Warranty expired 14/08/2016 (4 months)

2. Laptop has been increasingly unuseable due to significant flickering on screen then moving to sleep mode.

Ive updated all drivers, also completed a reset but to no avail

Also when coming out of sleep mode I get a black screen but if I run my finger along the top bar (the F keys) the display re appears until it starts flickering again and then to sleep mode

Ive a couple of videos that shows this in action

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nick

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
14032 1327 3147
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warranty expired after 4 months / Screen flickering then going into sleep mode continuously

NickDuk

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

From what I've been told, since HP has no idea when someone actually will buy a PC, when those are sent to stores, they are set for the one-year warranty period to expire from the date they were built.

Then, when someone actually purchases the PC, they REGISTER it, and that resets the warranty to expire one year from that date.

Sounds like you never registered it for the Warranty.

Sorry, but this is just a community self-help forum staffed by volunteers. HP maintains no official presence here and we are not authorized to deal with warranty issues.

For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support directly and see what you can do to get the warranty extended to cover the full one-year timeframe.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation