Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Webcam not working

Envy 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got my computer the other day and going thru the features well when trying to access the webcam it says the 3D webcam cannot be found with an error code 0xa00f4244(xc00d36d5)

I looked under drivers and downloads but find where to download the software.  any help would be appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 348 626
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Webcam not working

Hello @HJHIII,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post about the Webcam issue, and wanted to help!  

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number: HP Customer Support - Products

In the meantime, try reviewing the following documents, and let me know how it goes:

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Windows can't find or start the camera

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
HJHIII Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Webcam not working

well i thought I had it fixed there was an update and the driver was downloaded,  the app worked fine then tried using skye and facebook messenger wouldnt work and got a new error message, and I dont know how to fix it 

error # 0xA00F4271(0xC00D3704)

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 348 626
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Webcam not working

Hello @HJHIII,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Did you try the documents provided in my previous post?

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HJHIII Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Webcam not working

I went to the page that walked thru to a driver roll back but I'm not sure which one it is, here are the options:Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Webcam not working

Hey,

Thanks for getting back to us. I have been entrusted to take over for SDF15 while he is away from the Forums. I would like to help with your webcam. 

What is the Product Number of the Notebook?

Did you try the Webcam Troubleshooting document provided by SDF15?

Did you check your antivirus software?

Did you check for an outdated webcam driver?

Did you uninstall all of your webcam drivers and scan for hardware changes?

Here is a Microsoft Community Forum called Error 0xA00F4271(0xC00D3704)

Please respond with the detailed results from the troubleshooting and detailed responses to the questions above. 

Thanks. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation