Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-21-2021 12:24 PM
Webcam is awful.
Grainy as hell. Constantly changing brightness and It is stuck on HP wide vision HD camera.
I am sitting right in front of pc and appear really small on screen , can see all the room around me but look as if I am miles away from pc.
Have spent hours trying to sort out this problem…nothing works…. My previous laptop 5 years old now has a far superior webcam….
I want to reduce the webcam camera angle—> impossible it seems
Improve picture quality and STOP automatic adjustments of brightness etc….. —> have checked all possible settings nothing works….
gonna return this pc, very dissappointed 😥
please anyone any tips ?
09-24-2021 12:47 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP notebook webcam is not working correctly.
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
09-24-2021 01:46 PM
- Hi , thanks for your reply but I cannot he bothered to go through these steps as the product is brand new I expect it to work correctly without having to tweek this,download that,restart and whatever...anyway I have returned the pc and bought an Acer @ a much cheaper price and the webcam is fine....shan't bother with HP anymore...
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community