Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g198
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to get drivers to download the HP website is broken and does not work for me.

http://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-17-g100-notebook-pc-series/8499304/model...

I put in windows, and 10 64-bit and nothing happens.  Tried FF, IE, both on windows 7 machine.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I know that HP has designed the webpages to work with IE10 and IE11.  They won't work with any older version of IE.

I contacted HP and asked why they did that since new installations of Vista and W7 include much older versions of IE, and how can one install the drivers if the webpages don't accept those older versions.

They replied that they would not be making any changes to the current arrangement.

So, if you are running W7 with IE10/11, unfortunately, I would not know why the support pages don't work.

In that case, I recommend you use your W10 PC, go to the support page for the W7 notebook you need drivers for, change the operating system to W7 from the drop down menu, plug a USB flash drive in your PC, download and save the drivers you need to the flash drive, and install them on your W7 PC needing the drivers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

It works just fine for me, so the problem must be on your end.

What drivers do you need, and I will post the direct links to the exe files from the support page.

HP Recommended

It does not work for any of my PCs running windows 7.  However on my other laptop running windows 10, the driver list comes up right away.

HP Recommended

I know that HP has designed the webpages to work with IE10 and IE11.  They won't work with any older version of IE.

I contacted HP and asked why they did that since new installations of Vista and W7 include much older versions of IE, and how can one install the drivers if the webpages don't accept those older versions.

They replied that they would not be making any changes to the current arrangement.

So, if you are running W7 with IE10/11, unfortunately, I would not know why the support pages don't work.

In that case, I recommend you use your W10 PC, go to the support page for the W7 notebook you need drivers for, change the operating system to W7 from the drop down menu, plug a USB flash drive in your PC, download and save the drivers you need to the flash drive, and install them on your W7 PC needing the drivers.

HP Recommended

Yes exactly Paul.

Thing is I also tried with the most up to date version of Firefox and Cyberfox on windows 7 and the drivers would still not load.

I put in an SSD so I couldn't use the HP (win10) laptop to access the drivers, it's a good thing I had another laptop with windows 10 on it.

Very poor desicion on HP's part, IMHO.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

IMHO, agreed!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.