Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-df1075nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop DisplayLaptop Display

Hello,

I think there is an issue with my laptop's display.

So I just got my laptop delivered four days ago and only opened up the box yesterday. I noticed this weird shading on the display. The bottom of the screen and toward the left has this dark shade to it. I only noticed it because my Google homepage was dark enough to see it. I know it may look like it may be from the way I took the picture, but I assure you it's not.

Is this normal? If not, how can I fix this?

I appreciate any feedback.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@M0E1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?

Let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

.@Echo_Lake 

Thank you for your response, 

• When was the last time it worked without these issues? My laptop was delivered on Feb 27th, and I didn't open the box until a few days after. I noticed the issue when I was exploring the laptop, which was a day after I opened the box and had set up the laptop (installing updates, creating accounts, installing necessary apps, etc.).

• Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers? I believe I do since I followed all the recommended updates when setting up my laptop.

• Have you checked the display on an external monitor? I have not. How am I able to do that?

Let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

Is there specific information that I would have to look for in the BIOS screen to confirm a hardware failure or will there be an immediate notification/warning box that states there is a hardware issue? I followed the steps above and accessed the BIOS screen but was unsure how to navigate it or what to look for.

HP Recommended

@M0E1

Thank you for posting back.

If your laptop displays abnormal image or orange background as you see when computer is on that means its internal display issue. 

And also try and check the display on an external monitor or TV. 

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.