Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hi, where can I find the product numbers of the actual machine
HP Recommended

It should be on an HP branded sticker on the bottom of the computer. It may be in the battery compartment for some units. You will have to take the battery out of the computer to see it if that is the case.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

please please I have a hp compaq 6710b I was trying to update the bios but something go wrong now when I start my laptop it saying " Your BIOS failed to complete the update. Please ensure that you follow the correct procedures and try again. This may require two sequential BIOS updates to complete the process "

what to do now I cant boot to OS and cant enter to bios ulitlys it ceep restarting  .. please help me 

HP Recommended

Help please!!! I'm from Ghana, West Africa. I have an hp envy14 and the last time it started an automatic bios update but failed along the way. Since then my screen is completely dark anytime i switch on the machine with only the fan and some blicking. I have removed the battery, performed many tricks that i saw online but it would notwork. I went to a repairer and i am told i will need a new bios which will cost me 150 Ghana cedis, approximatelly 64.86 USD. I am stuck!!

HP Recommended

HI Lankoande:

Thank you for your query.   I am pleased to be able to assist you!

I understand you tried to update the bios and you are now getting a black screen. I am sending you some documentation on "Restoring the BIOS"  click here and Updating the BIOS  click here. I am also including  "Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers"  click here.  Here is a document on "Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot"  click here.   If you go back into the bios, do you see an option to  roll back, if click on it.   I hope this has helped.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Hello hi if I give u my product information would u by any chance b able to help my. My laptop crash 3 days ago and the fold I talk to thinks it's my hard drive. My dst short, long and optimist said failed oh and the bios failed also. The stuff that passed are professor check and the hard drive smart. Could it just b that the bio is bad(whatever that is look). Oh and the only I can even c anything out do anything on this laptop is if I shut it off then wen turning it back on keep hitting the esc button. It won't like me trouble shut cause it'll send me right back to the black blank scene. Oh and I was able to go into the conman prompt and but chkdsk /f then I did chkdsk /r. That chkdsk said that if not enough space to repair the bad clusters! PLS PLS HELP!!!
Ok product#is-F5Y27UA
model#- 15-d089wm
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.