Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-u483cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've searched high and low and the direct answer to this question is annoyingly illusive.

What's the best stylus for this Envy?  

Will a smart one work or not?

If not then what's the best capacitive one? The ones with the little plastic disc tip seem ridiculous from an artistic standpoint. The metalic tipped ones seem like they'd thrash the touch panel. Is there a recommended fine tipped capacitive stylus?

The screen is described as 'Touch support with 10 touch points'....if that makes a difference.

In Device Manager it's 'HID Sensor Collection V2'.

My goal is to do some casual sketching and hopefully with a stylus that will block palm input so I can rest my hand naturally. Hey, maybe there isn't a good option...that's fine, I'd just like an authoritative answer. I purchased this machine for other purposes, the art stuff would be a bonus.

Any accurate info would be massivly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@fuzzymuzzle 

Please check the following compatible list to select a right one.

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05166879

If your machine is not on the list, come back later for more updates.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Should have mentioned that I've seen that marginally clear compatibility chart. 

I guess the clear answer is "no, there is no active pen compatible with your tablet." It's kind of surprising that there are that many different touch panel types out there on the bazillion different HP touchscreen laptops, but ok. Diversification, capitalism...complication...move on.

Does anyone have up to date information on suitable capacitive styluses for sketching that might work well with whatever touch panel my particular x360 version boasts?

Does HP make one and if so, why isn't that clear? If they don't, why isn't there better info available about what should work and what to avoid? All I see is vague generalization.

Thanks again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.