Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Pat57 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What touch screen driver is used on the HP 15-BA079DX

HP 15-BA079DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently received a new HP 15-BA079DX.  It's running Windows 10 Home Premium x64.  It's impressive in every way save one: The touch screen is not working.  The product information says it has one and to reinstall the driver to fix it.  Looking at the Drvice Manager I can not find a driver for the touch screen on the laptop.  When I go to the Support Download site I can't find a driver that mentions the touch screen.  So the questions are:

1) Does this system have a touch screen?

2) If yes, what driver do I need to download and from where?

3) If there is a Touch Screen and driver please update the Product support site to include the missing touch screen driver.

Thank you.

Pat57

2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@Pat57

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I understand that you need drivers for the touchscreen. Did I get it, right?

I will share few links which I request you to perform in the same order and check if that solves the issue.

BIOS update: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76932.exe

Also, uninstall the driver called HID compliant driver in device manager and restart the PC to check if that issue got fixed.

Follow the steps below to uninstall the driver in device manager.

• Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  • Expand the node that represents HID devices
  • Select HID Compliant driver, right-click the device entry and click Uninstall.
  • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  • When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

Note With some devices, you might have to restart the system to complete the uninstall process.

The device might continue to function until the system has been restarted.

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
MichaelPlaga Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I keep seeing the same response to find the driver and uninstall it but that cnt be done if the driver doesnt exist, the problem is the display doesnt show up even though it works in the BIOS system test  

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation