Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy-23 d044 Touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I would like to eliminate my HP Envy-23 d044 Touchsmart capability, I know how to disable it in Device Manager, but i would prefer something more permanent.

My first question: is it possible to disconnect one of the TouchScreens, Digitizer Board ribbion cables, and still have LCD video function?

My second question is: if so, where is the Board located in the PC housing?

s-l16001.jpg

The HP part number is as follows: (P/N:687534-001)

Thanks for everyone help!

Phillip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and will let you know when I find a manual which would have the procedure to disconnect the cable or if there is any other method to permanently disable the touchscreen will let you know. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @vpiPhillip,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to disable the touchscreen by disconnecting the cable for the digitizer. I would like to provide my suggestions. 

Kudos to you for having the courage to open the computer and wanting to disconnect the digitizer. 

Found this service manual for your computer and as the digitizer or the screen is not a customer replaceable part. The method is not mentioned in the manual. 

Personally, I would not recommend you to disconnect the digitizer. 

Hope this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Chimmney,

Thanks for the input and the Manual, they both were very helpful. I have taken your advice and not disconnected the ribbon cable, but there has to be a way to permenently disconnect or disable the touchscreen function.

Going to do some more research. Back to the drawing board.

If you discover any new idea, procedure or Service  Manual, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks again Chimmney...

Phillip

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and will let you know when I find a manual which would have the procedure to disconnect the cable or if there is any other method to permanently disable the touchscreen will let you know. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.