Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to prepare for the inevitable Windows 10 1903 push by updating my BIOS and Graphics Driver.

When the HP tool compiles the results, there are 16 Graphics Drivers associated with my laptop.  I can toss out the 5 AMD drivers since it's an Intel; I am also running Windows 10 1809, so that leaves 3 possibilities:

- 25.20.100.6373 Rev.A

- 20.19.15.5063 Rev.A

- 20.19.15.4835 Rev.A

My current graphics driver is 25.20.100.6518 (1/9/2019). 

I don't know the difference between a Sky Lake, Kaby Lake or Braswell, so which one would I choose...the one with the latest date?  Or, do I use the ones starting with 25.20.100 and only update using drivers with those numbers?  If so, I may already have the latest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I gave you the one from your notebook's support page for the v1903 update, which should also work on v1809 too.

For example, the latest graphics driver on the Intel website is good for the following versions of W10, and I don't see any reason why the HP driver would be any different...

Supported OS versions

Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - Fall Creators Update (1709)(RS3)

Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - April 2018 Update (1803)(RS4)

Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - October 2018 Update (1809)(RS5)

Microsoft Windows® 10-64 – May 2019 Update (1903)(19H1)

The W10 v1809 driver that you would use found on your notebook's support page is older than the one you have installed now, so there is no point in installing it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Skylake is for the Intel 6th gen core processors.

Kaby Lake is for the Intel 7th gen core processors.

Braswell is for the Intel Celeron and Pentium processors.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Unfortunately HP options don't provide guidance.

I have an Intel Core i3-6006U CPU...which one would apply to that?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post the full model number or product number of your notebook.

If you don't know what it is, see the info at the link below for how to find the model number/product number of your notebook.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

You can also read my knowledgebase article on how to manually update the Intel graphics driver to the latest version...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-the-Latest-HD-Graphics-Driver-from-I...

HP Recommended

HP Notebook - 15-bs086nr

Let me know if you need any more info.

HP Recommended

Hi:

This would be the driver you need...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96704.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you!

While trying not to overextend your expertise, do you know if the one you provided is any of the 16 recommended to me for my computer?  I checked all three drivers designed for Intel chips with the Windows 10 1809 update and none of them matched the one you provided.

I guess what concerns me is that the HP Software and Driver Downloads page for my specific laptop may not have included the one I actually needed (i.e. the one you gave me.)

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I gave you the one from your notebook's support page for the v1903 update, which should also work on v1809 too.

For example, the latest graphics driver on the Intel website is good for the following versions of W10, and I don't see any reason why the HP driver would be any different...

Supported OS versions

Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - Fall Creators Update (1709)(RS3)

Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - April 2018 Update (1803)(RS4)

Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - October 2018 Update (1809)(RS5)

Microsoft Windows® 10-64 – May 2019 Update (1903)(19H1)

The W10 v1809 driver that you would use found on your notebook's support page is older than the one you have installed now, so there is no point in installing it.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I agree that no need to install an older 1809 version.

I will install the 1903 driver so the eventual W10 push will hopefully go smoothly.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.