Bridge16 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

White Spots and Lines on Screen

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

About 2 months ago, seemingly out of nowhere, a black spot appeared on my screen. I have had this laptop for about 2 years with no problems until the spot showed up. I presumed it was dead pixels, but was unable to fix it myself. The spot has now escalated into a huge white area with multiple blue and pink lines running both horizonatally and vertically. I have to struggle with the screen just to keep it from constantly turning pink and/or blue. I've attached a photo of what my screen currently looks like (put against a black background so you can better see the issue). It's very frustrating that it keeps getting worse even though I'm being as careful as I possibly can with my computer. This is my last ditch effort to see if there's possibly any solution to this problem before I just buy a new laptop altogether. It seems like a better solution than having my LCD display replaced, which I know is very expensive. Thank you for any and all help. image1(1).JPG

1 REPLY
Shu_Mai Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

White Spots and Lines on Screen

do a hard reset

try to access your start up menu to load bios to defaults and if doesn't push through try pulling up the diagnostic test if it doesn't still try to do recovery and if it doesn't still show. you need to service the notebook for repair.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation