Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
yuensiong Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

White patches at both sides of laptop screen

15-k228tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
There are more and more white patches appearing on my laptop screen. How to resolve this? I tried calling hp support service singapore hotline but no one answers. My warranty is expiring soon. I need help asap.
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2785 144 326
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @yuensiong,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that your got white patches on the laptop screen. Is the HP Support contact number you called is +65 6272 5300 (8:30am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday (excl Public Holiday)) in Singapore?

Also, you can connect an external screen to the laptop to test if the problem is with the hardware or with the driver. If external screen works well, it is the hardware issue with the laptop screen, and the laptop screen need to be replaced.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
yuensiong Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I dont know how to connect. Yes i called that number but no one answers and link to india. Is there any hp technican can come down to help me solve the laptop problem? My laptop still has warranty.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2785 144 326
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @yuensiong,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation