Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (247 Views)

Why Can't I Get My HP Active Stylus To Work?

Product Name: HP Active Stylus Pen
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have purchased two HP Active Stylus Pens, the first from Best Buy and the second from HP.com.  Unfortunately I have not been able to get either to work with my HP Pavillion 360 13" Windows 10 laptop. The symptoms are as follows:  I pop the battery into the pen and move the pen towards the screen and . . .  nothing.   Nothing happens.  This pen is also supposed to have the ability to magnetically attach to the laptop screen but that doesnt happen either.  I does not show up in the Bluetooth devices as well.  

I took the pen into Best Buy and had their tech support guy look at it and their diagnosis was that it was a bad pen.  All they could do was refund my money as THEY NO LONGER SELL THAT PEN!  GRRR.  So I logged on to the HP site and chatted with one of their sales reps to confirm this pen is compatible with my PC before placing another order, however I am still getting exactly the same results, which are a BIG FAT NOTHING.  The PC does not recognize it  at all.  What is even more frustrating is that I cant even call anyone beause the tech support line does not recognize the pen's product code. 

I hope someone call tell me what I am doing wrong because I do long this pen and would like to use it.  Please advise

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (229 Views)

Re: Why Can't I Get My HP Active Stylus To Work?

Hi,

My question: does your HP Pavillion x360 supports an active stylus or in other words: are they cmpatible ? No, definitely not, they are not compatible. Did you ask Besbuy this question before buying the stylus.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (211 Views)

Re: Why Can't I Get My HP Active Stylus To Work?

yes, I did ask both HP and BestBuy if the pen was compatible with the laptop before buying it.  In fact I am on a call with HP right now and asked the question again and the response was that if the PC is a touchscreen, it will support the pen.  I can  get anyone at HP support to help me troubleshoot this.  In fact their web form that they force you to fill out doesnt even recognizd the model #, so I am screwed from the beginning.  

Thanks for the feedback.  I think I need to return both the PC and the pen and start over.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation