Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop is keep flickering what can I do.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dora89 

This is almost certainly an indication of failing video hardware -- either the screen or the video chip or both.

You need to connect an external monitor to the laptop.

If the visual artifacts also appear on the monitor, then it is a failing video chip and since those are soldered to the motherboard, they are not replaceable.

If the visual artifacts do NOT appear on the monitor, then it is a failing laptop screen. While those can be replaced, the cost varies enormously by individual PC model.

We are not able, or permitted, to provide any repair estimates or equipment prices.
For this information, you would need to contact an HP Repair or Service Center.

Since you live in the U.S., here is a link to the HP Service Repair Centers:
https://www.service-center-locator.com/hp-hewlett-packard/hp-hewlett-packard-service-center.htm

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.