Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Well I checked on HP driver site for my unit, and no graphics driver under W8 or W7, under W7 it still shows the same old AMD driver.   And the result of the AMD check tool. Still NO support found for this 7690m xt.

I downloaded the  "new"  mobility tool dtd 10/22/2012  the 32 bit version, so now I'm downloading the 64bit version of this tool, and see what that does. I did read the supported cards thing, funny that they leave out the 6700m series, as this 7690m xt is just a rebrand of the 6770m.

edit:

Well I ran the 64bit tool and its the same result, another funny thing is all the files in that one are exactly the same as the old one, so why would it change things lol. Anyway I will continue to hold out and see what happens, I think even though it says 7/8 its mainly for W8 users, I won't have W8 on here till after the 26th as I have the download option for $15.

I just for the hell of it ran the driver update from within the CCC, and even that says I'm up to date, smirks.

Well who knows what's up with this stuff, while i was looking around HP for graphics drivers, I did find a BIOS update, got it and installed that, don't see much in the way of any changes. Funny too is that running the HP support tool didn't even inform me of the update. I see some other stuff there as well, but no graphics driver updates.

I just wish I could see a statement from either of these charecters that says you can now download AMD drivers instead of HP or whom ever.

And yeah its real strange that AMD says this is a "fix" but doesn't seem to mention anything about this driver incl the Intel part, which  IS supposed to be "provided" by AMD also. Check the intel driver properties in Device Manager, and you'll see it states "provided by advanced Micro Devices" .

HP Recommended

Well I think it may be a mute point, here is what I got from AMD rep just now after sending him the info on this.

"This brought me to the Catalyst 12.10 download, and specifically that verification tool.  I read the release notes, and it states that your particular graphics product is not compatible.  I am very sorry, as I feel I have therefore mislead you in the past."

And this

"I read the release notes for Catalyst 12.11Beta, and it does not appear that your particular HD7670m XT graphics is supported either.  I am trying to get confirmation on this for you."

So there it is...........

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The info on my card is this:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6740&SUBSYS_185E103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6740&SUBSYS_185E103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6740&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6740&CC_0300

HP Recommended

aaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want HP to take this doorstop of a laptop off my hands and replace it with one (the current version) that has NVida!!

AMD s__ks!

HP Recommended

LOLOL I hear ya homes lol but I wouldn't hold out any hope on them even doing that.

Hell I'd be happy just to have them replace the MB with a Gforce GPU, I'd even do it myself.

HP Recommended

With this new tool for the Win 8 upgrade on HP site I now know that there will be no updated drivers for my notebook dv6 6096, cause it was bought in july of 2011. thank you HP, this is the last time I gave you my money.

ps this is written on Windows 8 RTM version that works flawlesly on my notebook, except the switchable graphics of course.

HP Recommended

I've bought mine (dv6 6030ew) in November 2011 but somehow I've already lost hope in HP. We'll see, it's just two days to official release, hopefully they will deliver.

HP Recommended

I finally found legitimate drivers that work for my dv7-4280!! After installing them, I can swith between both cards and use the CCC to configure the AMD card. Make sure you remove all existing video drivers first.

I'm using http://www2.ati.com/Drivers/mobile/12-10_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4.exe

I found it here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-drivers-software-forum/486908-drivers-hp-dv6-3xxx-dv7-4xxx-envy-1...

Look here for your laptop model: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-drivers-software-forum/

Hope this helps you guys!

PS - My laptop was purchased in Feb. 2010 so don't give up hope just because you don't meet the Oct. 2011 deadline.

~ Brandi

HP Recommended

I just stumbled across this forum also and i can confirm that display drivers stated for windows 8 work flawlesly for amd intel switch.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-drivers-software-forum/556469-drivers-hp-dv6-4xxx-dv6-6xxx-dv7-5x...

drivers listed are for my dv6 6096 notebook, choose yours by model. great page! will visit later on friday after i buy the liscence.

HP Recommended

@ivanmajetic wrote:

I just stumbled across this forum also and i can confirm that display drivers stated for windows 8 work flawlesly for amd intel switch.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-drivers-software-forum/556469-drivers-hp-dv6-4xxx-dv6-6xxx-dv7-5x...

drivers listed are for my dv6 6096 notebook, choose yours by model. great page! will visit later on friday after i buy the liscence.

Again, this doesn't really fix the problem because the reference drivers do not include an Intel counterpart.  In my case, that means that brightness controls do not work, and you have a 50/50 chance of a BSOD on sleeping.

HP Recommended

It did for me. The brightness controls work fine and it seems to have fixed the sleeping issue I was experiencing while using the Leshcat drivers. I can also connect to a VGA external monitor (Intel card) that I couldn't do before.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.