Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
bnicks87 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows Hello not available on new ENVY X360 with IR Camera

HP ENVY X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received my HP ENVY X360 (T5K88AV). I ordered it with the HP Truevision IR HD camera, which according to the HP website, supports Windows Hello. However, I see no option under Settings > Accounts > Sign-In for it.

I spent an hour with HP Support Chat and let him remote in to take a look. He said it looked like no IR camera was installed. We tried installing the driver for it with no success.

Is there something I am missing? Is the HP IR camera known to work with Hello? Or is there something wrong with my hardware or drivers?

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71122 8575 18471
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the following article for other machines but same hardware for camera:

http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04531694

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
bnicks87 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't think it has the Intel RealSense camera, though. There is no app for it on my computer.

I ordered the laptop here:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?catalogId=10051&urlLangId=&langId=-1&storeId=10151&catEntryI...

The options I selected for the camera and display were:

• 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS UWVA edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080) Touchscreen (for IR Camera)
  • HP TrueVision HD IR Camera with Dual Digital Microphone, support Windows Hello
0 Kudos
bnicks87 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just a quick follow-up to my issue.

I ended up exchanging the laptop because it had arrived with a large dent below the keyboard. My new one (same model number) arrived yesterday, and Windows Hello works as it should.

So my guess was that the camera was damaged or defective on the other one.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation