cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

With dots appear randomly in my screen. I have updated everything (drivers, windows, etc.)

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My screen goes randomly crazy. Mostly, after resuming from hibernation withe dots in line appear on my screen and I cannot take control of my notebook. I have a video to show you this strange malfunction but I don't know how to upload it.

My notebook model is HP Spectre 13-4102dx and is fully updated (win + drivers + bios etc.) and no virus.

Since I have had this problem for a long time, I would appreciate any help.

Best Regards

Juan

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Level 9
1,335 1,294 82 174
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am not sure if this is a hardware problem  or a software problem.  if i could see the video i would be able to determine if it is hardware or software.  if you can please upload the video to youtube and provide a link to it.

Please remember to select the answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Dudefoxlive for your replay. As you suggested, I updloaded the vide in you tube. This is the link:  https://youtu.be/kQSrg_eoRDg.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Juan Carlos

Has someone ever had this problem in your HP x 360 laptop? Any help will be really appreciated.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
1,335 1,294 82 174
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am unable to view the video.  i am getting Video is Unavaliable.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry, I forgot to publish it. Now, it should ok. Please try again.

Juan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
1,335 1,294 82 174
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It looks like your touchscreen is not acting right. Has the laptop been dropped at all? Is there any cracks on the screen? How long have you owned this computer for?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I bought it in best buy two years ago and never had been dropped or damaged. The problem started few weeks after I bought it and never stoped. Unfortunatley now is not under guaranty and there is not HP oficial service in Argentina.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
1,335 1,294 82 174
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well most likely you simply got a defective laptop and you have a few options.  you could pay hp to do an out of warrenty repair, replace the screen your self, purchase a new computer.  at this point there is not much more that can be done as you simply got a defective screen on your laptop. also you said the problem started happening after you bought the computer? i would have taken the computer back and had it changed or refund.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I was not able to refund it because 2 weeks after bought the laptop I moved to another country where no HP offical service is available. 

Until now I have not received any answer from the HP support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
1,335 1,294 82 174
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you know a way of making the touchscreen to stop randomly pressing then you can follow this thread on how to disable the touchscreen so at least the mouse is usable without the touchscreen taking over.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-Disable-the-touch-screen...

im sure you can also go into safemode and disable it from there.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation