Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a HP Pavilion dv7 and I am trying to watch via hdmi cable on tv and tv doesn't detect computer and computer doesn't detect tv. Please help
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @tomass83,

Good Day. Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I reviewed the post regarding HDMI issues with the computer. Fabulous description and excellent troubleshooting were done by you. Great job! Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

For me to assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you connect it to an external TV to check if it works?
  • Did you try multiple HDMI cables?
  • Has it ever worked before?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the computer to assist you better.

For now please try these steps:

Please try with a different HDMI cable and connect it to your TV.

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphic drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers Please select the country and type the product# of the computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update it.(if the drivers are available. Otherwise, proceed to the next step)

If it still does not fix the issue, please perform the relevant steps for HDMI related issues from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-dv7-1200-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/3837623/m... regarding video issues. If there is no hardware issue with the computer, this should do the trick for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

okk i read your reply but you forgot one thing..HE SAID THE PC WONT SHOW ON SCREEN!!!! How do you get the smart tv to show up on the pc if it wont work? device manager works fine if you can see it

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.