Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP27f display
Other

I have a new MacBook Air, running Big Sur. Hooked the 27f to the laptop's Thunderbolt 3/USB-C port via HDMI, using a display adapter from Apple. 

Problem: I'm less than impressed with screen resolution, contrast and crispness. Wondering if I should try connecting via the VGA port instead. Would that make any difference? The MB Air only has Thunderbolt ports, so everything requires an adapter.

I'm finding the control buttons on the bottom of the monitor to be difficult to work with. The manual doesn't help: says to hit a Menu button, but I don't see this. All I've been able to do is change the display mode (Reading/Night time/Blue Light etc). My Mac has a calibration tool but it requires me to adjust the contrast on this monitor, which I can't figure out how to do.

I checked for software to download for this monitor, but only PC files are available, not Mac ones.

Thinking of returning this, but would prefer to fix my issues, if possible.

Help!

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lcollier 

VGA uses analog signals and HDMI uses digital signals. I could say 99.9% digital is better than analog in term of signals. Sorry I have to leave 0.1% for you to make decision.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.