Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would like to replace the screen for a HP ENVY 17t-j100 Leap Motion laptop

HP Envy 17t-J100 F1J39AV
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I was cleaning screen of laptop & some water went down inside of screen. Screen is no longer readable. I would like to replace if a new screen can be ordered & replaced at home if possible.  No HP service center in UAE but would like to buy a new screen while back in the USA and bring back with me to install.  

Please advise where one can be ordered and if replaceable with ease

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,449 4,392 447 741
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would like to replace the screen for a HP ENVY 17t-j100 Leap Motion laptop

@m_sauder wrote:

I was cleaning screen of laptop & some water went down inside of screen. Screen is no longer readable. I would like to replace if a new screen can be ordered & replaced at home if possible.  No HP service center in UAE but would like to buy a new screen while back in the USA and bring back with me to install.  

Please advise where one can be ordered and if replaceable with ease

Thank you

Hi,

Read this manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04091762

Pick the right screen part number you want and search it on eBay. There is also a how to replace any part in the Removal and Replacement section. A local repair shop should do the job too. There is no need to use the HP Service Centre as they probably won't do it anyway as it's a water damage is not covered in the warranty.

Dv6-7000 Debian Stretch
HP ProBook 640 G1 Hackintosh Mojave 10.14.4
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation