cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

YouTube black screen but with sound

HP Recommended
HP Omen 17 CB0000NW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm writing on a fairly banal, but irritating line. After buying a new laptop, there is quite an irritating error, as in the description - after some time of use or often at the very start of the system, there is no image, e.g. on YouTube, there is only sound and the screen is black.

There is not enough information on the internet, I've tried already clearing browser data/browser change/browser update/ account change/logout/page refresh/disabling browser add-ons,  Honestly nothing helps because the problem returns and I absolutely have no idea what the factor could be initialization (I will add that the animation in the browser then also turns black, but this also has no dependency).

It is also not the fault of the drivers (probably), everything updated in Windows Update, GeForce Experience and Intel Driver & Support Assistant (also reinstalled graphics drivers). The error applies only to the displayed image on YT and animation in Opera GX, there are no problems with the matrix, so the software is 100% to blame. I've also tried a complete reinstall of the system, the problem is still the same. As a curiosity, sometimes when changing the quality of a movie from 4K to any other or vice versa, the image returns.

Specification:
HP Omen 17 cb0000nw
Windows 10 x64
Opera GX

I would be grateful for any help or suggestion. I guess I've tried all the standard methods, so it's probably a bug in the registry, or an error I'm not aware of.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,853 30,785 2,552 3,853
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Klejnot Since the issue occurs only on YouTube and the Opera GX, I recommend using an alternate browser to check if that works fine, also, if you wish to continue using the same browser, perhaps, reinstall the same and check if that helps.

Also, check if the black screen occurs after any error messages on the screen, does the screen become pixelated before it blacks out? 

When was the last time it worked fine? or has it always been this way since you turned it on?

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation