Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP zBook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the BIOS Advanced settings, uncheck "Hybrid Graphics Enhanced Display."

I am re-opening this closed subject. I had the exact same issue when I installed a Win10 as dual boot on my zBook 15 with Quadro and nVidia graphics. When booting in the dock, the Intel 4600 HD graphics driver stops working with an error 43. If I booted out of the dock, and then docked, I got all four displays. I have two DVI, one VGA coming out of the dock, and the DisplayPort coming out of the side of the laptop. That goes to a TV at 1080x1920, the other ports go to Asus monitors at 1920x1200.

I did the Windows 10 install as dual boot. I tried to fix it for a day, then downloaded the SoftPaq program and updated both the Intel 4600 and nVidia Quadro drivers, as well as a more recent BIOS than the one that I installed inside the BIOS updater.  That did nothing to fix the problem. Unchecking the Enhanced Display meant that Windows boot screen went to the VGA monitor instead of the DisplayPort. This setting was for people that did not have the VGA connected to the dock, so they get the boot screen on one of the monitors on DVI or DisplayPort.

If you don't have the VGA output connected in the dock, you would not be able to get into the BIOS unless you opened the laptop screen. For me this is a non-issue. I spent today installing programs, and will ensure that the zBook 15 is stable and working. I do like the Win10 better than the Win7. Once I get SolidWorks running on Win10, I think I will remove the Win7 version.

I knew there was someway to get he laptop working, since I once did an install on the M.2 NVME drive, which only was 30GB, not big enough, but it would boot on the VGA screen and Windows 10 did function. I had to rip that off and when I installed on the main 1TB disk, that is when all these problems came up. After a full 12 hours of re-installing and changing disks from MBR to GPT to dynamic, then back to MBR, I called it a night. I read up on the forums about this problem in HP zBooks, as well as Dells. I was thinking I had to buy a new computer to run Win10, but this simple checkbox solved the problem. Now I am considering upgrading my old Lenovo that still runs Win7.

Note, save money, even in July 2020, the Microsoft update will work for free, at least it did for me. You download Win10 to a USB stick and type in the key code from your Win7 when it asks. You need an 8GB stick, or dual density DVD writer and disk.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.