Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 15u G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I would like to connect the second monitor to my ZBook 15u G5 (product number:[Personal Information Removed] ) with using USB-C. I tried to use many USB-C to HDMI cables or reductions, but it doesn't work. Can you help me please to fix it?

Thx, for any response

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Skylab1 

Display Port is supported on that USB-C port.

Open

User Guide

Right Side / Left Side - Pages 5-7

Right Side

(7) USB Type-C SuperSpeed port and Display Port 

When the computer is on, connects and charges most USB devices that have a Type-C connector, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides high-speed data transfer.

NOTE:  Cables and/or adapters (purchased separately) may be required.

– and –

Connects a DisplayPort device that has a USB Type-C connector, providing display output.

(7) USB Type-C power connector and Thunderbolt™ port with HP Sleep and Charge

Connects an AC adapter that has a USB Type-C connector, supplying power to the computer and, if needed, charging the computer battery.– and –Connects and charges most USB devices that have a Type-C connector, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides high-speed data transfer.– and –Connects a display device that has a USB Type-C connector, providing DisplayPort output.

NOTE:  Your computer may also support a Thunderbolt docking station.

NOTE:  Cables and/or adapters (purchased separately) may be required

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ZBook 15u G5 Mobile Workstation 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Ok, thx. I understand, but how is possible then the monitor doesn't work. And it's no problem in monitor. Is there some settings or something like that?

When I connect my VERBATIM USB-C TO HDMI 4K ADAPTER I will have a message something like "Your device not work correctly" with this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012609/windows-10-fix-usb-c-problems#improveconnection

HP Recommended

@Skylab1 

I would guess the problem is the discrepancy between the voltage supported by a DisplayPort capable USB-C port and the voltage used by HDMI.  The signal chain might be breaking down.  Without "Alt mode", the port cannot switch the requirement.

Reference

HP ZBook 15u G5 Mobile Workstation Specifications

Left side
(1) USB 3.0 charging port
(1) Security lock slot
Right side
(1) USB 3.1 Gen 1
(1) USB 3.0 port
(1) Headphone/microphone combo jack
(1) Ethernet (RJ-45) port
(1) Side docking connector
(1) Power connector

=========================================================
There are model differences within the series 
Your model:  2ZC08EA

External I/O Ports1 USB 3.0 (charging)
External I/O Ports 021 HDMI 1.4; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 power connector; 1 RJ-45; Ultra Slim Dock Connector; 1 USB Type-C™ (Thunderbolt™ 3, USB 3.1)

To  one of our Experts , who actually knows this subject (content extracted from another thread):

Customer wants to connect an additional monitor - has Display port but is trying to connect via HDMI.

I think the signal chain is being broken.

Is this machine eligible for the following?

USB-A DisplayLink Certified options on market today including some HP products:

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

And...

Showing as a supported accessory for this model

AccessoriesHP Thunderbolt Dock 230W G2, 2UK38AA

Thanks for any insight.

=======================================================================

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.